Zum Inhalt der Seite

Thread: What was your first manga/anime?

Eröffnet am: 27.11.2017 10:48
Letzte Reaktion: 27.11.2017 10:48
Unterforen:
- Manga in D/A/CH

Verfasser Betreff Datum
Seite 1
 jensenbreck What was your first manga/anime? 27.11.2017, 10:48
Seite 1

Von:    jensenbreck 27.11.2017 10:48
Betreff: What was your first manga/anime? [Antworten]
Hi all,

I first got truly introduced to Manga by my big brother when I was a teenager. And the first true manga/anime that really grew on me was Sailor Moon and Dragonball. What can I say? I always loved girlie stuff, but still loved action too. Later on, I began to love the super robot trope while moving away from tournament type anime/manga and then got further into the realm of magical girl and obscure stuff like Fullmetal Alchemist and Mermaid Saga (this series ended way too soon!). I think the last anime I really, really got into was Inu Yasha and then the Guyver reboot. After that, I went back to my North American roots.

Now, I am not saying I don't like anime anymore. I love all cartoons regardless of where they are from. And anime helped me learn how to draw humanoid type bodies, robots and hair. That it was during that time that I realised that the calling to be an artist never left me and never would. I owe anime/manga a lot in finding myself artistically and just because my artistic identity lies in North American cartoons doesn't make my anime experience any less precious. To be honest, I recommend experimenting with anime/manga to help finding yourself artistically despite what many people would think because there's so much imagination behind it. And the style goes beyond cutesy or sexy. It can be realistic, it can be dark, quirky, obscure and even scary.

In short, my first manga/anime did more than just introduce me to Japanese cartoons. It brought back a spiritual old friend that I was afraid to make contact with during high school which for me was not a fun time at all because I was not the cool kid at all. I needed my friend art during that time more than any other time before.

What about you?

Also you can check this

whiteboard animation

Zurück