Shepherd Suche Betaleser für englische ... 29.10.2003, 17:01
magic_kaitou Suche Betaleser für englische ... 29.10.2003, 18:25
Shepherd Suche Betaleser für englische ... 29.10.2003, 23:08
Hinotori Suche Betaleser für englische ... 29.10.2003, 23:14
magic_kaitou Suche Betaleser für englische ... 30.10.2003, 13:42
Seite 1

Von:   abgemeldet 28.10.2003 18:59
Betreff: Suche Betaleser für englische Fanfiction [Antworten]

Joa, Harry Potter. Marauders. Kein Slash. Lustig (hoff ich doch). Viel Umgangssprache. British English. Mostly. About 20 pages long.

Wanted: Somebody who is *really* fluent in English and who would never use the word "huger" to compare houses. :)

Beta wäre lediglich auf Sprache, für Inhalt habe ich eigentlich schon jemanden... Wäre toll, wenn sich einer melden würde ^^
It's understood that Hollywood sells Californication.

Von:   abgemeldet 28.10.2003 19:01

Ich würd's machen ^-^ I you would like me to do that ^.~
Mata ne
das Glih, das Glah, das Glüh-Sha-chan

http://animexx.4players.de/fanarts/zeichner.phtml?id=9851
Aktion: Des Genitivs Rettung

Von:   abgemeldet 28.10.2003 19:18
Wouldn't it be better to ask someone who is a native speaker, if you are searching for people who are fluent at english?
Or you could ask on one of the many HP boards out there, I'm sure they'd be willing to help you, since most of those boards have a section for fanart and fiction.

I'd give it a try though, if you'd like me to help you that is.

Von:   abgemeldet 28.10.2003 19:26

If I were you I would look for both a native speaker and someone who's fluent in English without it being his first language (to my experience the later have a better eye for the grammar...)

I'd help you out, but I'm afraid I suffer from chronic lack of time ;-)
And call off Christmas!
www.geocities.com/sorion77/

Von:    Corti 28.10.2003 19:56
Hi!

I would do it too. I think my english is quite good (I spend at least three hours a day roleplaying in english and I often read english novels) ^^

So, if you want me to help you, just mail me ^^

Mimi

Von:   abgemeldet 29.10.2003 17:01
I do not want to be your beta-grammar reader, since I don't have enough time and you do not pay me for reading your stuff. *LOL* But I LOVE to torture you for content reasons. *grins*
For my references, I studied American English for 1 year at college, especially grammar, even though I do not care for grammar that much, as you already know.
Otherwise, yeah, you should look for a native speaker. They tell you what's wrong with style and grammar. A non-native speaker could never tell you exactly whether your grammatical problem really is a grammatical problem. ><
The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Von:   abgemeldet 29.10.2003 18:25

Err... First off, thanks to everyone, but I've also got an ENS from a native speaker, so I guess, I'll pick him ^^ But thanks a lot!

@ Shepherd

> I do not want to be your beta-grammar reader,

Have I ever said I wanted you to be my beta-grammar reader? Nope. Because I don't. XD

> A non-native speaker could never tell you exactly whether your grammatical problem really is a grammatical problem. ><

Are you getting at me? At least a non-native speaker learns at school whether people "still exist" or "still are existing"... :)

Von:   abgemeldet 29.10.2003 23:08
> Have I ever said I wanted you to be my beta-grammar reader? Nope. Because I don't. XD

You want me to discuss your contents? You'd better be nice ...*smirks*

> Are you getting at me? At least a non-native speaker learns at school whether people "still exist" or "still are existing"... :)

And at college and within native-speakers you learn whether it's right or wrong seeing it from a logical and content-based point. :P
The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Marcus Aurelius Antoninus

Von:   abgemeldet 29.10.2003 23:14

Seems like the beta-business-problem-thingy (...^^;) has been solved already... Oh well. *shrugs*

Marauders? *perks up* Where will we be able to find that story? Hm? Hm? *curious* And just MMWP or Lily, too?

/me wantsa read... ^_^;;

Ja ne!
Hino ^_^
"I'm not obsessed. I'm just intently focused." - Unbekannt

The Truth is out there, somewhere... But I lost the URL.

Von:   abgemeldet 30.10.2003 13:42

> Marauders? *perks up* Where will we be able to find that story? Hm? Hm? *curious* And just MMWP or Lily, too?

FF.net in English or here at Animexx in German (Some Stories are in German or English only because I'm too lazy to translate, so just ask!). Lily is in there somewhere but it depends on the storyline and on the time. Sometimes she won't be there at all, then she'll already be James' "wife" and in my current story she's simply James' crush and well... Something might be going on between her and someone else. Or might it not?... XD

@ Shepherd

Who says I haven't thought about the situation? Still I'm pretty sure that nobody would say that someone "is still existing". At least not in good old Britain...

Zurück